SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Sliding glass door Kilian roller

A home owner from Madison, WI says:
I have some old sliding glass doors with worn rollers which I cannot find.

It appears to be a flat teflon or polymer roller 3/8 wide, with a 1/4 diameter hole and 1 and 1/8 in diameter. I've looked for these for a long time. The markings are it are Kilian, Toronto Cam, Syracuse NY.

Thanks.
User submitted photo of their sliding glass door roller.
Profile picture of Mike
Mike from SWISCO responded:
Good Morning,

Is the wheel flat or concave?

Can you submit a picture of the roller and the housing together?
It is flat. I've attached an image.
User submitted photo of the profile of their Kilian wheel.
Profile picture of Mike
We checked all our resources and we cannot find any replacement patio door wheels with these measurements. We would like to see housing, do you still have it available? It is possible someone in the past has replaced just the wheel with this odd shaped wheel. Send us pictures of the housing if you can.
The housing is a 35.5" long aluminum unit that sits inside the bottom of the door with a roller at each end and an extension behind the rollers that fits in a grooved track.

It does not look like the roller has ever been replaced.
User submitted photo of sliding glass door roller.
Profile picture of Mike
Thank you for posting on the discussion board, unfortunately we were unable to locate a replacement at this time.

We really appreciate you bringing all of these photos to our attention. I am sorry we were unable to help you.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)