SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Sliding glass door broken track

A home owner from Pittsburg,ca says:
I have a sliding glass patio door. The track the door should slide on is broken and bent. The door does not slide I have to lift and push. How do I fix or what do I replace?
Thank you, Eileen
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Hey, Eileen, thanks for contacting us. I think you may want to consider a track cover. Take a look at either our 80-100 or 80-102 and see if these can work for you. You should also check out our handy tutorial video which shows how to install these covers.
A quick learner from Pittsburg says:
Hi Paul, thank you for the quick response, I wonder is the track cover going to keep the existing track upright? Right now it is laying on its side. I will measure my existing door and happily order the track cover if it will keep the track in an upright position so door slides.

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Ah, I see. If your track is that bad off, then you might want to replace it entirely. Check out our 80-111 or 80-111A and see if you might be able to use either of these as a replacement.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)