SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Sliding glass door handle

A home owner from Wenatchee, Washington says:
I broke my sliding glass door handle. My home was built back in 1976. The broken piece has Allen-Stevens Corp, N.Y.C, and RD1965.Without taking the entire handle off that is all the information I currently can see.

I measured from screw to screw and it appears to be size 3 15/16.

I have looked at your inventory and while I see sizes that match I don't see the style that I have. In addition to the lock and handle mine has a "night lock" as well.

Do you have anything to replace mine?

I have attached 3 photos. One showing the broken handle (where you can clearly see the "night lock", one that is not broken and the outside view.

Thank you so very much for you assistance.

Candi
A customer submitted photo of a sliding glass door handle.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Please take a look at our 82-003 Sliding Door Handle. You will notice that is also has the nite-latch. I believe that this is the best match to your lock that we offer.
A quick learner from California says:
I have the same handle on a glass door of mine, with an outside lock. The passive tailpiece of the lock is stripped and rotates continuously such that the tailpiece does not engage the lock when rotated. Is there somewhere I can order just a tailpiece as I do not need a whole new lock-set?

The tailpiece is a short flat rectangle with a 1/4" perpendicular, circular mount and a notch on one side to allow limited rotation.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting. The 82-003 takes the 82-303 long tail. The tail piece, keep in mind, is not sold separately. It comes with the key cylinder.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)