SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Sliding glass door handle options

A handy person from Murrieta, CA says:
Hi!

I'm searching for a replacement for my sliding door glass handle. After doing some research it looks like the width of the door and the distance of the screws are the 2 critical parts to ensure the handle fits properly.

The dimensions are:
Screw distance: 3 15/16"
Door width: 1 5/8"

I would like to replace my current handle with a "keyed" version and it looks like here are my options:

1. 82-035 with the 82-039 add-on lock option
2. 82-261
3. 82-074

I leaning towards the 82-261, however would like your input. Thank you in advance for your assistance!

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Without seeing your hardware, I can't really say if any one of your original three options are better than the others. However, does your door have an inside mortise lock? If so, the 82-261 would not work since it has an exterior locking mechanism. It cannot be used to replace any of the other handle sets you mentioned.
A home owner from Murrieta, CA says:
yes, I believe it is an inside mortise lock. I'm including a few pictures. Can you recommend a proper replacement preferably with a "keyed" lock if the 82-261 will not work for a replacement?

Thanks...
User submitted photos of patio door hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Ah, I see. How about our 82-069 handle set? This can be used with our 82-310 key cylinder. This hardware should work with your existing mortise lock.
A professional from California says:
82-069 works well with a key if the lever is centered. If it is offset, it can be difficult because the outside must also be offset, and the handle doesn't have screw holes in the right place. I can't quite tell with this picture, but I think it is offset. 82-074 may be a better choice and already has a key.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)