SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Sliding glass door handle or lock handle set

A quick learner from Connecticut says:
The inside handle broke on my patio door. I have been searching for a replacement handle, but it seems like a new handle lock set is best. Mouting holes at 3 & 15/16" fits perfect, but all models I have found have the lock mechanism located at dead center. The lock mechanism switch on my door is positioned about a third of the way between the mounting holes.

Any thoughts on what handle set might fit? Any thoughts will be greatly appreciated!

A customer submitted image of their patio door.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Hey, Sean. I recommend that you look at our 82-031, 82-035, and 82-069. These handle sets match your hole center spacing, and they also have adjustable thumb latches. Let me know what you think.
Hey Tom. Thank you for the quick reply. The handle hole spacing looks perfect. I can't tell if the lock location is in the right spot. It looks as if the lock is located at dead center. My lock hole is at 1/3 the distance between the handle holes.
Ahh, I replied too soon! A picture doesn't always speak 1000 words, sometimes the words do!

So the lock is adjustable to where I need it, as you said.

Perfect. Thank you much, Tom.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)