Sliding glass door lock

A home owner says:
Old sliding door . Likit door pat. 43,106,753. 4 and 15/16 inches for the holes. Can you replace?
User submitted photos of a patio door handle.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
This looks a lot like our 82-005. Check it out and let me know if you agree.
A home owner from Vacaville, CA says:
Hi,

I need to replace the lock component of this exact door handle. The screw holes are 7 1/2 and the entire length of the handle is 8 1/2 (end to end). I reviewed 82-005 and the measurements are not compatible.

Any help you can provide is most appreciated.

Thank you,

Donna
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting, Donna. Are you sure your handle is exactly the same as the one above? The previous customer posted that their hole spacing was 4-15/16", not 7-1/2". Could you show me a few pictures of your handle set just so we can confirm? Thanks!
A quick learner from Vacaville, California says:
Hi Tom,

Thank you for the follow-up. Guess I was mistaken. I took another look, measured and took a picture.

The measurements are
8 1/2" end to end
7 1/2" door screws
5" lock mechanism

Manufacture is Likit now out of business. The handles are actually in great shape and I really just need the Lock box as it is cracked and the mechanism is broken.

Thank you,

Donna
User submitted a photo of patio door hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for the diagram, Donna, that is a big help. Looks like you have a kitbashed handle set made out of different components. It's very strange that there are two separate pairs of installation holes, I've actually never seen anything like it. I would hazard a guess that whoever originally installed this handle custom made it.

The 82-005 remains our closest match. If you re-measure your hole spacing, you should find it's closer to 4-15/16" than 5". Make sure to only measure from the center of the screws, not their edges. The only thing I'm not sure about is if the 4-15/16" installation holes install on the door directly, or only to the handle plate, and then the handle plate installs on the door. Like I said, it's a really weird setup, so I'm not sure how it works.
Reversing the thumb lock on the Swisco 82-005 Sliding Door Handle
Reversing the thumb lock on the Swisco 82-005 Sliding Door Handle
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Surface Mount Handle Assembly
How to Replace a Surface Mount Handle Assembly
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.