SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Sliding glass door lock

A home owner says:
Old sliding door . Likit door pat. 43,106,753. 4 and 15/16 inches for the holes. Can you replace?
User submitted photos of a patio door handle.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
This looks a lot like our 82-005. Check it out and let me know if you agree.
A home owner from Vacaville, CA says:

I need to replace the lock component of this exact door handle. The screw holes are 7 1/2 and the entire length of the handle is 8 1/2 (end to end). I reviewed 82-005 and the measurements are not compatible.

Any help you can provide is most appreciated.

Thank you,

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting, Donna. Are you sure your handle is exactly the same as the one above? The previous customer posted that their hole spacing was 4-15/16", not 7-1/2". Could you show me a few pictures of your handle set just so we can confirm? Thanks!
A quick learner from Vacaville, California says:
Hi Tom,

Thank you for the follow-up. Guess I was mistaken. I took another look, measured and took a picture.

The measurements are
8 1/2" end to end
7 1/2" door screws
5" lock mechanism

Manufacture is Likit now out of business. The handles are actually in great shape and I really just need the Lock box as it is cracked and the mechanism is broken.

Thank you,

User submitted a photo of patio door hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for the diagram, Donna, that is a big help. Looks like you have a kitbashed handle set made out of different components. It's very strange that there are two separate pairs of installation holes, I've actually never seen anything like it. I would hazard a guess that whoever originally installed this handle custom made it.

The 82-005 remains our closest match. If you re-measure your hole spacing, you should find it's closer to 4-15/16" than 5". Make sure to only measure from the center of the screws, not their edges. The only thing I'm not sure about is if the 4-15/16" installation holes install on the door directly, or only to the handle plate, and then the handle plate installs on the door. Like I said, it's a really weird setup, so I'm not sure how it works.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)