SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Sliding glass door lock

A landlord from Indiana says:
I need to replace the door lock, can you help me to identify your part number? The information I got from the door is:

16 CFR 1201 CII
ANSI Z971-1984
1/8 U SBCC #1436
AFG D 2021
User submitted photo of their door handle.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Hello, thank you for posting. Based on your pictures, I would recommend our 82-031 handle set and 82-211 mortise lock and keeper. Please review this hardware to make sure they match.
A quick learner says:
I ordered 82-211, do I need to replace the handle set too? it appears in good shape. Thanks.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Oh, not at all! If your original handle set is still in good condition then you can absolutely re-use it. Thank you for your order and let me know if you have any other questions!
A professional from California says:
I don't see a lever on the inside handle. Is there one? You might need one of these: 82-231 82-237
A quick learner says:
You are correct on missing lever, however what is correct part for the lock? You list 3 choices, how do I find out the one match my lock? Thanks.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
I believe you need the standard 1" lever like our 82-237. Your door looks like a thicker thermal break door type. However, it appears in your photo that the 82-211 is mounted closer to the inside of the door where the 82-237 should be long enough. Check to see if you might have the broken lever part still in the handle. If you do, you can compare the length.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)