Sliding glass door roller 4639970

A quick learner from cape coral, fl says:
I need to replace my sliding glass door rollers. The only numbers on the part I have is 4639970. I looked it up, it seems to be a patent number. Any help?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Good Morning,

I looked up that patent 4639970 and it looks like our 81-133 roller for Alcan sliding glass doors would be the replacement for that particular patent. That is only based on the drawings included with the patent and from experience I have found the drawings to be incorrect more than once. So, to make sure the 81-133 is the roller you need, is to remove one of your existing rollers and match it up to the 81-133 product picture. You can also take a picture of it and submit it here if you would like us to take a look and recommend a replacement roller for you.
A handy person from Kapolei, Hawaii says:
In answer to the prior posts concerning the ALCAN part number 4639970, YES, this part is a direct replacement as I could tell no difference except the old wheel part was exposed ball bearings and the new ones are covered to prevent dust from entering and screwing the wheel up. Thank you SWISCO for having this available!
Profile picture of Tom
Thanks for taking the time to confirm that the 81-133 works as a replacement for the Alcan 4639970. I am sure many other Alcan sliding door owners out there will appreciate this!
A contractor from naples fl says:
i need 12 or these Alcan 4639970 roolers
Profile picture of Tom
Thank you for posting!

I've placed you in an existing discussion regarding the Alcan 4639970 rollers.

If you look above, you'll see that a couple customers have been able to successfully use the Swisco 81-133 Alcan Sliding Door Roller as a replacement.

Take a look at the 81-133 Alcan Roller and see if you think it may work.
How to identify patio door rollers
How to identify patio door rollers
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Patio Sliding Glass Door Roller [1080p]
How to Replace a Patio Sliding Glass Door Roller [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
GUIDE
READ >
Identifying the right replacement roller for your sliding glass door
Identifying the right replacement roller for your sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.