SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Sliding glass door roller assembly

A home owner from New Richmond WI says:
The markings on the roller assembly wheel are Kilian, Toronto, Can; Syracuse, NY and I believe a number 5. The length of the bracket (including screw mount holes) seems to be 4 11/16 ( 4 3/4?). The length of the top of the bracket is 2 15/16 (3"). The width of the unit is 5/8". There are 2 screw mounts on the assembly and a side screw (in picture) that is 4 1/8 inch long. Can you help me find a replacement?
User submitted a photo of a patio door roller.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
This is a very old assembly. I'm not sure if we will be able to replace. Could you get away with just swapping out the wheel for another one, or do you need the housing? If you can just replace the wheel, tell me its diameter and thickness and we can work from there.
A home owner from New Richmond, WI says:
Thank you for your reply, Paul. Being unable to find the whole assembly I did look at replacing the wheels. The current wheels are 1 5/8 inch diameter and 3/8 inch wide. The closest wheel size I could find was 1 1/2 inch diameter. I think that will work and plan to give it a try.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Great, let me know how it works.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)