SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Sliding glass door roller removal

A home owner from Tampa says:
Hello, I need to replace the rollers on my sliding glass door, but I can't seem to figure out how to remove them. I removed the door, removed the screw fastening it to the aluminum door, so now the roller is free in the channel, but the roller frame is as wide as the channel and there are metal strips that are keeping me from removing the roller from the channel. The strips are there to hold the rubber gasket that runs the length of the door to keep it air tight i guess. Do I have to remove the strips?
Thanks for any help,
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Hey, Terry. Hopefully I can help. I would first remove the door and lay it on a table or a pair of saw horses. Then, unscrew the bottom frame screws and carefully knock off the bottom rail from the glass with a hammer and block of wood. That should let you take the rollers out o f the frame.
A quick learner from Tampa says:
I had changed the roller a long time ago and forgot about having to take the bottom rail off.

Thanks a bunch!
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
You're welcome glad to help!
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)