SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Sliding glass door threshold base

A quick learner from Michigan says:
I'm looking for a source where I can purchase the sliding glass door threshold base. Attached are pictures and approximate measurements showing the dimensions. Purchasing the stainless steel track repair kit might be helpful however, I would like to replace the base first. Can anyone help me with my endeavor?
User submitted photos of patio door hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
The base of your patio door track looks like it's vinyl. Can you confirm? If so, it will hard to replace unless you go to the manufacturer directly. Do you have an AAMA sticker on the frame of door? I'd like to see a few pictures of it, if possible. We will try to help from there.
A quick learner from Michigan says:
To answer your question Paul, the base piece is vinyl or a type of molded plastic. The house was built in 1999 and windows are from Carado and I'm assuming the door is from the same company. From what I read in some discussions Caradco is now part of the Jeld-Wen line. No identification numbers or information on the door at all. Is there any other way to identify the manufacture without the numbers?
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Ah, I feared as much. In that case, we may not be able to help. You might have to go back to the original manufacturer and see if they can replace it for you. Otherwise, you could possibly use a long piece of wood with our 80-105 mounted on it, but I cannot say for sure if that will work.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)