SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Sliding glass door track cover

A home owner from Florida says:
I have a 7 ft slider with a damaged track. Dented in two places. I would like to know weather you would recommend the small or large cover? Manufacturer is Omega Point laboratories , milestone sgd 1000 series. If I lift one end of the door, it would appear that I have more than 3/4 of an inch from bottom of to to track. Let me know what you would recommend. Thanks, Mary
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting, Mary! That information is very helpful. Now, can you tell me how tall the existing track on the door is? If it's a tall type with that 3/4" clearance, then you should be ok with the 80-100. I personally like the 80-100 since it's a heavier track cover, but if you don't have the clearance it could cause trouble.
A home owner from Florida says:
Thanks Dave. The height is 8 ft. It sounds like the small cover might have a more universal fit. Mary
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)