SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Sliding glass door with a broken lock

A home owner from USA says:

I have a sliding glass door in my house with a broken lock.
The sticker on the door has NAMI
code s-019-1 (says something else but its ripped off)
rating sgd-r30 (the rest is ripped off and unreadable)
series 5500
mst 8068 ( again ripped off)

Its a White Handle/Door. Do you have the part I need
to replace the lock/handle in this door?

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I'm afraid I cannot identify what you have based on this information. Can you take a few pictures of the lock itself and upload them here for me to see? I would also like to know the distance between its installation holes, center-to-center. Thank you.
A quick learner from POQUOSON, VIRGINIA says:
HOPE THESE HELP
User submitted photos of patio door handles.
Profile picture of Donna
Donna from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for getting back to us with photos!

This looks like SWISCO product code 82-035, take a look and let us know what you think.
Keep in mind the mortise lock (the latch portion inside the door) is sold separately, let us know if you need help identifying a replacement mortise lock as well.
A handy person from poquoson, virginia says:
I actually need the interior mortise lock.
i cannot move the little slider part to lock it up and down anymore

That is not part of this handle is it? OR, do I need both parts?
Profile picture of Tom
No, the mortise lock does not come with the 82-035 handle set. You may have our 82-218, but that's just a guess. You might want to show us a few pictures of that part so we can find the best match.
A quick learner from poquoson, virginia says:
do you need a picture of the actual lock?
Profile picture of Tom
Yes, if the 82-218 was not a match then we will need to see the lock in order to identify it. If you can, remove it fully from the door before you take pictures so that we can see the whole thing. Watch the video below for instructions on how to properly remove this hardware. The last thing you want to have happen is for the lock to fall inside the door!
I checked and my mortis lock matches your number, I will order that. When we were taking the mortis out the piece on the handle that operates the mortis fell out (where we could grab it) does this require handle replacement or can this be repositioned? I am thinking a new handle and mortis lock are the best option here but need/want your expert advise.

Thanks
Profile picture of Tom
Are you referring to the thumb lever? Check out the 82-106, this may match your old one.
Yes, thats exactly what it looks like, i guess I can just slide the old one back in
Profile picture of Tom
Yes! You would just uninstall the handle, put the thumb lock in place, and then reinstall the handle over it.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)