SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Sliding glass door seal

A contractor from Texas says:
All these seals came off of an old aluminum sliding glass doors. they are about 45 years old
User submitted photos of weatherstripping.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
The first two photos look like a screen door bug flap. I was unable to read the dimensions on the width of the locking bubble, but I think either our 59-053 or 59-058 could work for you.

As for the wool pile weather stripping, I came up with three: our 58-099, 58-105, and 58-126. Please compare.

Finally, regarding the leaf seal, I can't tell what you have. Can I see how it's attached to the door?
A quick learner from texas says:
I will take a look at the dimensions on the first item

the gap between the door and the frame is about 1/8 of an inch for wool weather striping except for one side of the door which has about 7/16 of an inch. the door does not close enough to line up with the 1/8 of an inch part. all total I will need about 100 feet of this stuff since I have 4 sets of doors.

the t part slides into a 1/4 inch grove that was built into the back side of the moving glass door the seal is against the stationary door. this groove looks much like the one that hold the wool seal in place.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
You may also want to take a look at our 58-180 stick on foam weather strip. It is 3/8" tall with a self stick backing, allowing you more control over where it installs. See if this could fill in the gap between the doors.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)