SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Sliding mirror door rollers

A home owner from USA says:
Do you sell this type of roller for a sliding mirror door?
User submitted photos of a mirror closet door roller.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
I think you should take a look at our 23-041 as a possible replacement for this roller. This is a newer version, I believe. The manufacturer discovered that the white plastic retainer was a redundant feature so it is not included in modern versions of this part.
A professional from CA says:
I wouldn't say it's redundant. It kept the roller from getting dislodged from the track.
A home owner from Westchester County, NY says:
Thank you so much for your response.

I agree that model 23-041 is probably the replacement for the original roller. In fact, I prefer model 23-041 since the original model's white plastic retainer's breaking caused the problem with the door no longer sliding open and closed easily.

My only other question is: How do I replace the old roller with the new one? I imagine I will need to lift the door up off the track and lay it flat, but how does the roller get affixed to the door? Neither my husband nor I can figure it out.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
It looks like your old roller is held in by the metal hooks. Once you put the door on a flat surface, you should be able to work that hook out with a pair of needle nose pliers. You would install the new roller the same way.
A home owner from Westchester County, NY says:
Your company, your techs, and your professional customers who responded to my question are the BEST!

Thank you and happy holidays!
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thank you! We're more than happy to help. Please let us know if it works out.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)