SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Sliding patio door handle & lock replacement

A quick learner from KY says:
I am trying to replace a door handle & locking system for an aluminium sliding patio door. The only name I see on the door is Miller - California.

The screw holes are 4 5/8th inches apart

Can you help me?
A customer submitted photo of patio door handle.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Unfortunately, your Miller patio door is not manufactured anymore. Can you please send a photo of the inside locking mechanism of your door? It's possible that we can identify a replacement then.
A quick learner says:
Here are the pictures
A customer submitted photo of a patio door handle.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
My question is, how does this lock work? Is there a mortise type latch in the door that the handle works with to lock the door?
A home owner says:
We just bought the house this past year and the key lock has not been in use for a long time. I am not concerned about being able to lock & unlock from the exterior. The locking system on the interior is the latch you see in the center of the picture of the handel on the left clips over a lip on the door fame. There is a colapsable bar to secure the door that is not part of this handle. I don't really care if the new handle has a locking system. Does that information help?
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Please take a look at our 82-009A Patio Door Handle Set, I think it might work. It's made to clamp over to lock the door to the frame.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)