Sliding patio door weatherstripping

A quick learner from Columbia, Md says:
Hi.
I have a sliding patio door and the movable door has no weatherstripping, even when new.
Photos:
1) The fixed door has weatherstripping on the surface that faces the movable door, not on the edges which I would call the width of the door.
2) As I slide the movable door, the track is visable. The track above the door has an interior wool pile in grey and an exterior wool pile in white. This wood pile slides in a chanel of the track.
3) the bottom track is plastic and is cracked. It looks fine, but when I push on it, it sinks down. The door dips down into this area as the door slides over this area.

My problem: I saw your video on replacing pile on a window sash that is removable. I measured the pile and you sell it! Great video! However, how do I replace the wood pile on the patio track, since It is not like the window video showing you being able to remove the window to slide the pile out? Picture 2. Does the track come out, or do I just pull out the old pile and force it back into the empty chanel on the track?

How do I replace the pile on the flat surface of the fixed door? Again, should I pull it out and force new pile in, or do I sand down the pile and use self adhesive pile? Picture 1

The bottom of the patio door track is plastic and is cracked. An "handyman" said that if I injected caulk under the plastic that the sliding door would not work as it needs to be flexible under the door. This does not sound correct to me. How should I repair this, or should I ignore it?

THANK YOU!
User submitted image of their weatherstripping.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Hopefully we can help. To replace the wool pile on a fixed door, it would be best to first remove the door completely from the track. Once that's done, you should be able to access the wool pile from the top or the bottom of the door. In some cases you might need to take the door apart to get at the wool pile. The bottom vinyl in the track can either be removable, or is it built into the track. I can't be sure which is the case for you. If it's removable, you might be able to install a new piece of weather stripping into the groove. As for installing the wool pile directly into the patio door main frame, I have one trick that seemed to work for me. After the the pile was removed, I used a utility knife and forced the pile into the groove with the back of the blade. You can also use a small screw driver or putty knife to do this; really, anything thin and firm.
A quick learner from Columbia, MD says:
Thank you for your reply.
Yes, the vinyl track is not removable.
Any suggestions?
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Check to see on the sliding door itself if if there is a type of weather stripping in the bottom rail. Also take a look at the stick on weather stripping, our 58-180. See if you think you could use this as a substitute. However I'm not sure how well it will adhere to the track, or if it will interfere with the operation of the door.
How to replace wool pile weatherstripping
How to replace wool pile weatherstripping
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify replacement weatherstripping.
How to identify replacement weatherstripping.
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.