SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Sliding patio door weatherstripping

A quick learner from Indiana says:
I need to replace the weatherstripping on our sliding glass patio door. Unfortunately, I have no information about manufacturer/model, though the door is likely from the mid-1990's when the house was built.

As you can see in the attached pic, the weatherstripping is kind of "peanut shaped" foam wrapped in vinyl. Each side appears to be about 3/8", though the whole piece measured about 5/8". The track is 5/8" deep.

Any suggestions?
User submitted a photo of weatherstripping.
I mistyped on my original post. The measurements are 3/16" for each side of the strip, 5/16" for the full width. The track is 5/16" deep, not 5/8". Thanks!
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Hello! Thanks for posting, and for the clarification. Take a look at our 58-170 and 58-056 and see if you think either of these could work on your door.
Thanks for your reply. It looks like 58-170 might be a better option, though I'm not sure if the kerf is wide enough to fit securely in the track. The track opening narrows from 3/16", but I can't tell if it gets smaller than 1/8". I've attached another photo that hopefully shows what I mean about the track.

I had also looked at 58-156 as a possible option, as it looks most similar to what is in there now.

Thanks!
User submitted photos of weatherstripping.
Profile picture of Dave
Ahh, I see. I don't think we have an exact match for what you need, now that I see where it installs. You may want to consider our 58-169. This has a nail flange that allows you to mount it directly to the door at the desired height.
Would a nail flange be possible/ideal for a vinyl door? I don't think the photo I attached came through the best, I took it looking down on the side of the door and it flipped on me.

Thanks again for your help!
Profile picture of Dave
If the door is vinyl then a nail-on seal will not work, no. I apologize for the confusion, I couldn't tell that the door was vinyl. The only other thing I can think of is the 58-180 with an adhesive strip, but I cannot guarantee that it will work. I am sorry we cannot provide a more definitive solution.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)