SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Sliding screen door hardware

A handy person from Vero Beach, FL says:
These doors were installed in 1982. Have two 36" and two 48" screens. Bottom sets are worn out. Door is 1/2" thick. Can I replace the entire mechanism? How do I get the old one out of the door?

Thanks
User submitted photos of a screen door roller.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! This roller appears similar to either our 84-140 or perhaps our 84-142. Take a look at these and see what you think. Now, these rollers can be removed from the door by detaching them from the corner first. Take a look at our 95-020. Could this be what you have in your door?
A handy person from Raleigh says:
How do you detach from the corner first? This looks exactly like what i have. I have taken the plastic wheel off but can't find the same size to replace just that part. How do you remove the entire assembly?
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
It can be a tricky process, but it is possible. You will need a pair of needle nose pliers and a narrow flat-head screwdriver. You will have to spread the end of the housing to remove it from the corner key, which keeps hold of the roller with two small posts.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)