SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Sliding screen door lock with interior and exterior locks.

A home owner from USA says:
I'm looking for a sliding screen door handle set which enables locking and unlocking from the inside and outside handles.

We have cats that will slide the door open, when we are outside and the screen is not latched.

Looking to be able the slide the screen closed from outside as well, so the cats can't slide the screen open!
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Do you have a handle on your screen door now? If so, take a few pictures of the outside and inside handles for us to look at. Please also give me its dimensions, especially the distance between the holes, center-to-center. Thanks!
A home owner from Ontario says:
Yes, handles are in place.

Please find attached a few images and a picture of the dimensions drawing.

Thanking you in advance for your help!

User submitted photos of patio door hardware.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Hmm... we do have the 84-232 screen door handle. This has a lock lever on both sides and so can latch the door from inside and outside. There are some limitations, though. It is meant to be used with 1/2" or 1" thick patio screen doors, and I'm not sure it can be adapted and retro-fitted to your frame. You would have to see for yourself, or maybe have a local handy person help you with installation.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)