SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Sliding Pella aluminum screen door roller assembly

A quick learner from Florida says:
Your roller assembly 81-249 looks like our 1960s rollers for our Pella aluminum screen doors, but have some questions.

1) how does the 81-249 assembly stay in place? Our current assembly has a tab on both sides that pop into holes in the frame.

2) the adjustment screw on your assembly is too high. Our assembly has the frame screw where your adjustment screw is and the adjustment screw right below that. Will the frame be sturdy enough if we switch hole purpose? (I.e. Use the bottom hole in the frame for the aluminum screw that hold that corner of the frame together with out the added support of having the screw in a channel on the frame?)

3). If so, is there a longer screw for the adjustment part? This screw will either have to be all one size or be a 1/4 longer as it must fir in a narrow channel.

4) any suggestions for other possible replacement rollers besides Pella themselves?

A quick learner from Florida says:
Ok, I was wrong. The old assembly pops into the frame and is held in place with tabs. The frame is then secured by using the other hole in the roller assembly. Any suggestions? Does the 81-244 flange slide into to narrow channels at the bottom of the frame? How do people using this assembly secure the frame to itself. Pictures attached.
User submitted photos of patio door hardware.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting. I could be wrong, but I'm not sure you patio door is Pella. Take a look at our 81-261 roller. Could this be the one you are looking for? Compare the dimensions to yours and see how well they line up. If your not sure please send us some dimensions for us to help you find something better. You could also consider our 81-010 and 81-020.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)