SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Sliding storm door roller needed

A home owner from Canton, MI says:
I'm looking for two of these rollers for the bottom of my sliding storm door. The door does not have a manufacturer/model number listed on it. I have no idea who makes this door.
User submitted a photo of a patio door roller.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Hello! Thanks for posting. This looks like our 81-280. Check it out and let me know if you agree.
A home owner from Canton says:
Yes! That's it. I already ordered 2 of them. Thanks.
A home owner from Canton says:
Are these rollers specific for a certain door? We would like to order a sliding screen door but have no idea who makes the door. thanks.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
We don't have the name of the door manufacturer who used these, unfortunately. However, we do know they aren't made anymore, which is why we have a limited supply.
A professional from California says:
81-279 works as a nice replacement. The adjustment screw is a little higher, but the wheel rolls nicer than the tank treads. Most screens are generic and any screen company should be able to make something that works for you. Just stay away from the ones where the adjustment is done by moving the whole top and bottom parts of the door.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)