SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Sliding vinyl door replacement keeper

A home owner from Colorado Springs says:
I am missing a keeper for my vinyl sliding door. I see that your mortise lock-round face appears to matches what I have. The latch hook of that lock extends 0.237 inches when in the lock position. Which one of your keepers works? The second photo shows the screw hole layout of the missing keeper. There are two sets of holes as it was repositioned once.
A customer submitted photo of a mortise lock.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Please take a look at our 89-020 Tall Silverline Door Keeper. which is used by American Craftsmen and Silverline vinyl patio doors. Also look at 89-021 Steel Keeper and 89-021D Diecast Keeper and see which one you think would be best.
A quick learner says:
Well, given the 1/4" gap of the closed latch, it looks like the silverline's 3/4" depth is too much. Although the other keepers don't show the depth dimension, it appears that the steel keeper has the lesser depth. If this is true,, I'll probably order that. Any further info on the depth dimension of the keepers would be appreciated.
Profile picture of Mike
Mike from SWISCO responded:
The width of the 89-021 is 9/32", and the width of the 89-021D is 7/16".
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)