Slightly different Mill Finished Awning Operator than 39-025

A quick learner from Philadelphia says:
I've got a an identically housed awning operator with a slightly different series of dimensions than product number 39-025.

Mill Finished Awning Operator Miami Type
Type 2 Classic Style Housing
Right Hand
Dimensions
A: 5 1/4 in
B: 1 1/8 in [VERSUS 1 3/16 in for 39-025]
D: 2 3/16 in - with straight arm with 10-24 Threaded Bushing [VERSUS 2 1/4 in for 39-025]

I've used photo shop to modify your picture to show the dimensions etc attached.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting. The only major difference is the distance between the bottom installation holes. Are you making sure to measure from the center of each hole? The difference in the link arm size doesn't matter too much.

Is there any way we can see a picture of your operator out of the window? It may look identical, but if the dimensions differ like this then there may be other important, if subtle, differences.
A quick learner from Pennsylvania says:
Thanks Tom!

I measured as you said - from the center of each hole and the sizes are correct.

So what must be correctly sized.
A Top to Botton Center of Screw Holes (5 1/4th Inches)
D Between Bottom Screws at The Center of the Screw Holes (1 1/8th inches).

The Link Arm:
- Straight link arm with 10-24 Threaded Bushing with Screw
- B dimensions there is play. Thus while mine is 1 3/16th inches we are fine with something a bit larger such as 1 1/8th inches or even as big as 1 1/4th inches

Thus model 39-025 won't work not because of the B dimensions but the D dimensions.

Thanks!
Dave

A quick learner from Pennsylvania says:
Correction:

Measurements:
From the center of each hole:
▪ So what MUST be correctly sized.
⁃ A Top to Botton
⁃ Center of Screw Holes (5 1/4th Inches)
⁃ B Between Bottom Screws
⁃ at The Center of the Screw Holes (1 1/8th inches).
▪ Where you can have some play:
⁃ D The Link Arm
⁃ Between the two holes
⁃ Straight link arm with 10-24 Threaded Bushing with Screw
⁃ Thus while mine is 2 3/16th inches we are fine
with something a bit larger such as 2 1/8th inches
or even as big as 2 1/4th inches
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Would you be able to show us a picture of the operator? That would help us find something better.
How to Replace an Awning Window Operator [1080p]
How to Replace an Awning Window Operator [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.