SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Snap-in Glaze

A home owner from San Jose California says:
Hi,

I would like help finding this part and or a like product. The windows do not have any markings on them (Brand). They are a double hung no tilt window in white aluminum. The images attached are a drawing I did with measurements, sorry for the crude drawing. Also attached is a close up of the Snap-in Glaze installed and one out of the window. I'm willing to take pictures of the complete window or anything else you may need to help.

Thanks,
Patrick
User submitted photos of snap-in glazing.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Hello, Patrick. This looks like our 55-198 white snap in glazing. Check it out and see what you think.
A home owner from San Jose California says:
Hi Paul,

Thanks for the help. I'll order some today. BTW...do you have a recommended method of trimming? Miter saw, snips?

Thanks,
Patrick
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Great, Patrick! Thanks for the order. As for trimming, you can use a razor or even a pair of heavy duty scissors.
A quick learner from San Jose says:
Hi Paul,

I received the trim (2-weeks ago) and started replacing the old snap-in glazing. By the way the part matches up pretty good, if not perfectly. The snap-in glazing should snap into the track but i'm finding it not easy if at all possible to get it to do that. There is no apparent damage to the window, or where the track that the glazing should snap into. I was wondering if you have a trick to make this process easier? I thought maybe soap, or soapy water might help get it to snap in easier. I'll try that but was wondering what the pro-trick is.

Thanks,
Patrick
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for getting back to us! I would first make sure that the track were the glazing bead goes into is clean. Debris can sometimes get in the way. I also agree that a little soap or even a wax stick (something like our 75-077) would work well. You would run it along the edge of the leg of the glazing bead. You could also try to use a file on the leg. Maybe filing it down a little would help. However, you don't want the glazing bead to not pop out of the window frame, so keep that in mind.
A quick learner from San Jose says:
Hi Dave,

Thanks for getting back to me. Yeah, I worked on it over the weekend and found once I got it started the glazing would then snap into the remainder of the track. The "trick" was getting a segment started. I followed the advice of one of your posted videos on youtube which suggested starting in the middle versus one of the ends. Thanks again and I am very happy with the product I purchased from you.

Regards,
Patrick
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Awesome! I'm so glad to hear it worked out. Thanks again for choosing our service and please let me know if we can ever be of further assistance.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)