SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Snap in Window Glazing

A handy person from Cedar Rapids , IA says:
Attached is a photo of my existing snap in glazing. My question is do I have to use this exact profile glazing, or can I substitute for other profiles that will fit my aluminum frame? I would rather not have to order online. If it's best to keep the same profile could you provide any sort of recommendation for a good supplier of prime line products (lowest mark up). Thanks in advance!!
User submitted photos of snap-in glazing.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
When it comes to glazing, you have a little freedom when it comes to choosing the proper replacement option. Of course, it's always ideal to get an identical match to your original sample, but that's not always possible. In those situations you can usually get away with a different shape as long as the size and general shape can still function in your window.

In your case, I would recommend considering our 55-172. This looks pretty close to your sample, and the dimensions appear to be good, as well. Carefully look over our information and see if you agree.

I do not have any contacts in your area, I'm afraid.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)