SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Snap-in glazing

A contractor from Huntsville, AL says:
Trying to find replacement snap-in. It appears to be very similar to the Wenco on your site. The overall height is 7/8" rather than the 3/4" of the Wenco. Also, the one that I have has a small 'bulge' at the bottom of the main spline. Additionally, the kerf spline on the Wenco appears to be in the middle of main spline. The one that I have has the kerf spline at 3/8" from the top of the snap-in, and 1/2" from the bottom. Thanks for the help.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I'm having trouble visualizing what you described. Could I see a couple of pictures of your existing glazing? Make sure to take a picture of the end section so that we can see its shape. Thanks!
A quick learner says:
Thanks Tom.
Unfortunately, the snap-in has dry rotted to the point of no return. I have attached my best effort at drawing the profile with dimensions. Max
User submitted a diagram of snap-in glazing.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks, Max. I think we can work with this. Compare your illustration to our 55-156. the top is 9/16" like yours, and the part that goes behind the glass and locks in is also 3/8". The full length behind the glass is 3/4" where yours is 7/8", but that shouldn't affect the installation.
A contractor says:
My thoughts as well, unless you know of something different. I will order a stick of it to test. Thanks
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)