Snap in window glazing

A home owner from Danville, ILLinois says:
I have wood-framed double hung windows (brand unknown) that are about 40 yr old. The snap-in glazing is getting brittle on some of them and I was looking at your Capitol Snap-in Glazing 55-030-6. I then noticed your identifying service and ..here I am. Thinking about purchasing just a couple of pieces to verify if they work. Any recommendations. The pics are from a broken piece with paint and age on it. Thanks
A user submited photo of window glazing
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! The 55-030 snaps in on top of glass where yours snap inside the wood frame. Being a wood sash, I think 55-156 would be a better fit. What do you think?
A home owner from Danville, IL says:
Thanks....the 55-156 appears to be larger both directions. Maybe the best thing is to test a piece of both and see which one I can modify to work the best. It takes about 15' to do one opening, so I can afford to do some testing. Thanks for the reply.

Jerry
Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
VIDEO
WATCH >
Replacing Glazing Bead and Glass in an Aluminum Window Sash
Replacing Glazing Bead and Glass in an Aluminum Window Sash
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace Vinyl Window Glazing Bead
How to Replace Vinyl Window Glazing Bead
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace Insulated Glass in an Aluminum Window with Snap-In Glazing
How to Replace Insulated Glass in an Aluminum Window with Snap-In Glazing
GUIDE
READ >
How to Replace Glazing in a Vinyl Window
How to Replace Glazing in a Vinyl Window
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.