SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Solution for old kitchen drawers

A quick learner from USA says:
We have kitchen cabinets/drawers that were built around 1955. The drawers sit on wooden side pieces and through the years have worn down. I have sawdust resulting and the wood is wearing away on the drawer. I
User submitted photos of drawer hardware.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
I have a few suggestions for you. My first would be to use the side mounted tracks like the 32-062, along with 33-088 screws and the 32-140 rear drawer brackets. These tracks come in different lengths depending on the depth of your cabinets, so the 24" isn't your only option.

For these tracks you will need a clearance of at least 5/8" per side. 1/2" for the track and at least another 1/8" clearance. If you don't have the side clearance, see if you can use the bottom track kit like the 32-063. I had to use these on my older kitchen cabinets because I did not have side clearance. I found that they were not too difficult to install and was happy with the outcome.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)