SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Spiral Balance bottom "foot"

A quick learner from No California says:
I need to replace the balances on two windows. I know I need a 38" balance, 3/8"tube. But the existing balance has a tab on the bottom that attaches to the window. I don't see a similar "foot."

Please see attached photo of the bottom of the window.
A user submited photo of window spiral balance
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! This part looks like a bracket to put at the end of the spiral, somewhat like our 17-007 or 17-033. Please look through our Bottom Sash Spiral Balance Clips Section and see if we have anything there that may work with this piece. Let me know what you find!
A quick learner from Northern California says:
Perfect! So with that bracket, which of the 3/8" spiral balances would attach to it?

Thank you!

Profile picture of Paul
Well, we have our S500-38 spiral balance, but this has a diameter of 5/8", not 3/8". Could you double-check your diameter and confirm that your tube is 3/8"? Keep in mind that the 3/8" is fairly skinny, about pencil thin.
A quick learner from No California says:
I need (4) spiral channel balances - 38" and 3/8" tube. I can't figure out which of the ones you offer might work as the existing appears to have a metal tab at the bottom which gets attached to the window. A photo is attached. Help! Thanks. Deb
Profile picture of Paul
We do have our Series 400 spiral balance. That is similar to our Series 500 balance, but 3/8" in diameter instead of 5/8". Do you think that would work better?
A quick learner from Northern California says:
No, I think the Series 500 will work just fine.

I will be ordering these parts tomorrow. I just need to make sure that I pick the correct bracket for the Series 500 5/8" spiral.

Do you know how long it takes to get these?

Thank you for your help! I don't know how I would have figured this out without it!

Deb
Profile picture of Paul
Of course, Deb, it was no problem at all! I'm glad I was able to help.

As for how long these orders take, it depends on what shipping method you select. You will see the options available to you during checkout!
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)