Spiral Balance in window that cannot come out

A handy person from Brooksville, FL says:
I have a windows that has a broken spiral balance (Bracket/bottom clip broken). I attached a pic of the ends. The dia is 3/8, length 30. Color looks green.

I need to know what I need to order and how to replace (reattach) the bottom clip? It looks like it is screwed to the inside side of the windows (which is not removable from what I can tell).

I attached pics of both sides of the windows (broken and still working).

Thanks,

Jeremy
User submitted photos of a spiral balance.
A handy person from Brooksville, FL says:
I looks like the screw broke or came out that holds the guide/shoe in place. But I do not see a way to take the window out to screw it back in.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
You are correct ,the sashes are not removable. To adjust or remove a broken balance, you will first need to raise the sash and have someone hold it up for you. Then, with the sash up, hook the balance with our 75-004 tool (or a pair of needle nose pliers) and unhook it from the sash clip, which looks like our 17-025, then unwind it. Be careful if the balance is charged, as it could spin out on you!

After you unhook balance and unwind it, lower the sash and unscrew the balance at the top. Then, raise the sash again and pull the balance out from the bottom. To install a new balance, you would drop it from the top of the sash and reverse the process. When you have the charging tool on the balance, give it three or four clockwise turns to charge.

When this is done, try the window out. If the sash doesn't stay up, raise it and give it another two turns.

As for the hardware itself, I believe you have our S400-30 3/8" non tilt balance with a green bearing, which can support sashes that weigh 14 through 26 pounds. The sash bracket that came is our 17-025, which would be impossible to reinstall, so use our 17-031 bracket. This can be installed on the bottom of sash with our 33-073 truss head screw.
A quick learner from Brooksville, FL says:
The balance seems to still be functional. Do you see any issues with just installing the 17-031 and putting the balance back in?
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Not at all, that would be perfectly alright!
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
GUIDE
READ >
How to adjust a spiral balance on a non-tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a non-tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.