SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Spiral Balance For Non-Tilt Window

A quick learner from Colleyville, TX says:
Attempting to identify and order correct spiral balances for my double hung/double glass metal frame windows. PDF with pictures and measurements attached. Your default order only allows red tip. Mine has a green nylon tip at the bottom of the balance. No stamped numbers or names on windows or balance.

Thank you

Bill
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting, Bill! Can you give me the weight of the window sash? That will help us determine what color Tip your balance can be made with.
A quick learner from Colleyville, TX says:
Estimate is 20-22 lbs. based on setting bath scale under sash without removing sash from frame (both spiral balances are removed). Current spiral balances have a green nylon insert at base of balance where spiral goes in, if that means anything. The sash is double glass, single pane with a metal frame and measures 30"H x 35"W.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Great. Now, since this balance and shoe combination are not standard, it will have to be custom made. To begin, check out this Custom Spiral Balance Order Form I have started for you based on your specifications. Once you fill out and submit the rest of the information, one of our representatives will get back to you shortly thereafter with a price quote.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)