SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Spiral Balance Help

A home owner from Chandler, AZ says:
I have a MasterView non-tilt window and I need to replace the spiral balances. They are 35
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for contacting us. I think we can replace this balance, yes. It would need to be a custom order, though. Your post got cut off, but did you mean to say that it's 35" long? If so, I'm thinking our S900-35 spiral balance with a 15-073 specially attached. Look it over and see if you agree. Please tell me the weight of the sash and how many you need and I can send you a custom order link and price quote.
A handy person from Chandler, AZ says:
Yes, my post did get cut off. It's 35", 3/8" dia., green tip. I need the balances and the "L" brackets that attach to the bottom of the window. Also, please let me know which charging tool I need along with any other special tools that may be required.
Oh, I don't know the sash weight. Does knowing that it's a green tip help?
Yes, it looks like the S900-35 with the 15-073 tip would do it. In case it matters or helps, the holes in the tip are 9/32" apart.
I need 2.

Thanks.
I removed the sash and weighed it: 30 lbs.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for getting back to us. I thought your tip might have been green, but since this has to be custom made we like to confirm just in case. If your sash is 30 pounds, though, then it'd be better to go with a yellow tip. Two balances with a yellow tip can carry a sash weight of 24 through 34 pounds, while green tip only carries 14 through 26 pounds. You may want to confirm.

In the meantime, I'll send you a custom order form for two of these balances with a yellow tip, specifically for a 30 pound sash. Let me know if you'd like me to change it.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)