Spiral Balance Tip Color

A quick learner from Leesburg, VA says:
I have a sash that weighs 18.5 lbs. Which color tip should should I choose? Red or green?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
It would depend on what balance you have. Can you give me the Series and length that you were looking at? We also have a chart on every spiral balance's store page that should tell you exactly how much weight each option can support.
A quick learner from Leesburg says:
Tom, when I looked at another same size window in my house I found a spiral balance that actually had the tip still on it. I have the red tips so I ordered the 32" series 900 and 3/8" balances. Basically I stuck with the originals. I hope the red will work. All the spiral balances are shot for 21 windows. Hopefully the red tip ones where sufficient for the weight of the sash. I would still appreciate your feedback if the red ones are appropriate. Thank you very much! Mario
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for getting back to us! If you have the S900-32, and the sash weighs 18.5 pounds, then the Red Tip color option is the perfect choice.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
GUIDE
READ >
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.