Spiral Balances: same length top and bottom, tip color

A landlord from PA says:
I am in need of spiral balances for double hung windows. In the past, all the windows I've replaced spiral balances on had the same length balance for top and bottom sashes. On these windows, I noticed the bottom balance is 33" long while the topis 31". I didn't know they could be different. Can you verify this is possible or did the previous owner replace with the incorrect lengths? All 3 windows are like this.

I also noticed the spiral balnce tip color is orange. which does not appear to be an option here.

Please advise

tx
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Many companies use different sizes of balances for their top and bottom sashes. So, you should order the proper sizes of each sash.

The red and orange tip are the same; the orange is considered "red" in trade.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
GUIDE
READ >
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.