SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Spiral Balances Tube tip color

A home owner from Louisville, Ky says:
Don't know brand name vinyl windows. They are double hung, tilt, vinyl frame. Weight of sash is approx 18 lbs. Spiral balances tube size is 30" length and appear to be 5/8" (600 series). However, the old spiral tube are made of vinyl (not metal) and have no color tip. The only tip I can see are yellow or faded white (may be part of tube). The Pivot Shoe has a Blue pivot point. Can you advise me which spiral balance to use. Also which pivot shoe.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting. Based on your specifications, I recommend that you consider our S600-30 spiral balance with a Red Tip. We do not carry balances with plastic tubes, but ours work just the same.

I do not know what pivot shoe you have. I will need to see pictures of yours removed from the window. I will also need to k now its width and thickness.
A home owner from Louisville, Ky says:
Since my previous posting, I discovered that my wi ndows are MW Vinyl,double hung, tilting in windows. Approximately 15 years old. Can I use S600-30 spiral balance with the red tip? What type of weatherstripping would fit?
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I have used the S600-30 for MW windows in the past, yes. Considering the specifications you outlined for your balances match our S600-30, as well, I think it would be the best place to start.

For the weatherstripping, see either our 58-002 or 58-127 and carefully compare them to your own to see if either match.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)