Spiral Sash Balance Replacement

A handy person from Sudbury MA says:
I have a 7.48 pound wooden sash that needs replacement balances. The tube length is 19 inches, measured diameter 9/16 inch. The color of the plastic at the base is indeterminate. What color series 500 balance should I order? I enclose a picture of the base end of my balance.

Thanks for the help!
Barrie
A customer submitted photo of a spiral balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for posting, Barrie. Please take a look at our S500-19 spiral balance with a red tip. As for the corroded bracket, please take a look through our Bottom Sash Spiral Balance Clips to see if anything there may match what you have. Be sure to also look at our Do-It-Yourself Guide on Adjusting your Non-tilt Window Spiral Balance. If you aren't sure what bracket you have, please upload a picture of one that is not broken or damaged for us to look at.
A handy person from Massachusetts says:
Thank you Paul. I ordered your recommended parts, they arrived fast, and I just finished installing them. The parts fit PERFECTLY, even to using the same screw holes. The window works smoothly again, and wife is ESPECIALLY happy not to need the stick to hold it up, and risk pinching her finger again. :-))

You ought to establish a relationship with the home supply stores like Home Depot & Lowe's so they can supply correct PARTS instead of recommending replacing the whole window. :-(

Nice job!! :-))

Best Regards,
Barrie
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I'm glad to hear that it worked, Barrie! It was my pleasure to help out.
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to adjust a spiral balance on a non-tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a non-tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.