SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Spiral Tilt Balance

A home owner from round rock tx says:
i have windows that i think are pella. however on the lock latch it says ga which i believe is general americian. the windows are metal frame, and the balance attaches to the bottom of the window...pivot i think. they movable part is 30". do you have any idea where i might find parts?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
We might be able to help, but I don't know who made your windows. That's usually not the best way to go about finding replacements, anyway. It's better to go off of physical details. If you were to show me a picture of what you need to replace, we can help you find a replacement.
A quick learner from round rock tx says:
i measured the lenght and the length is 30 inches. note that it is skrewed at the top and then hooks at the bottom of the window. dont know what if it is supposed to have some type of clasp at the bottom...did not find one. thanks for the help
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Thanks! I would start with our S400-30 spiral balance. Keep in mind this has an outer tube diameter of 3/8". If yours is 5/8" or 9/16" instead, see our S500-30.
A quick learner from round rock tx says:
Does it have some type of clip that holds it in on the window?
Profile picture of Tom
Sure, there's all kinds of different clips. I wouldn't be able to identify yours without seeing it. You can see our entire selection here.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)