Spiral balance tool?

A handy person from Edmonton, AB., Canada says:
Hello, I need to replace four lower balances. The existing bushings are dark blue in colour and broken. the lower windows weigh 21 lbs each.
I am assuming that when your literature refers to charging the balance that would be the same as "pre-loading". I will be using 2 pliers to accomplish this. Is there a tool I should consider purchasing to make this easier. The windows are "tilt" type and the spirals have two pins. (5/8 x 20")
Thank you for any help you can provide. (series 600)?
Dave
Hello, Me again.
I watched the video by Mike and answered my own question re: a charging tool.
I hope this is a more viable question.
Where should the pivot shoe be located when I attach the rod. I suppose it doesn't matter if the balance needs to be adjusted. I will make sure the window falls down and then tighten as necessary.
Thanks again.
Dave
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Hello! Yes, the tool in question would be our 75-006. As for where to place the balance in the shoe, it actually doesn't matter. If you want to be 100% sure you're doing it right, you could just put it in the same slot that was used before.
Okay, Thanks. you missed my question but that is clearly my fault. because, my question should have been "What colour (Canadian colour :). ) should the bushing be now?
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:
Hi, Sorry we missed that part of the question.

A pair of 20" Series 600 with a Blue Tip, will carry a window sash weight range of 10 through 29 pounds. So yes, stick with the Blue Tip for a window sash that weighs 21 pounds.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.