Spiral balance

A quick learner from Louisiana says:
I'm looking for spiral balances for non-tilt sashes that measure 45" tall and weigh 23#.
What would you Suggest?

Regards,

Clarence
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I'm afraid that's not enough information to go off of. Can you tell me the length and diameter of the outer tube for the balances your window currently uses? Can you also show me a picture of the end of the spiral?
A quick learner says:
These are brand new sashes I just milled. I want to use spiral balances instead of weights and pulleys.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for clarifying! Hopefully I can help.

You will need to rout out the sides of the sash to accept a 5/8" diameter Series 500 spiral balance. We would also need to custom make a 44" long balance for you, since we don't have a standard size that will work for something as tall as your sash. I would be happy to send you a custom balance link that you can use to add it to your cart, I will just need to know how many you need.

To install these balances, you would drop them from the top on the side of the sash and use a 33-017 screw to attach the balance tubes at the top. Then, raise the sash and have someone hold it up while you attach a bottom bracket like our 17-012 with a 33-090 screw. The U-shape opening in the bracket corrals the spiral while the long tab screws into the sash. With your finger, bring up the spiral to the bracket and use the 75-004 tool to turn the spiral clockwise three turns (don't turn it any more than 3 times for now), then hook it to the fork of the bracket. Repeat the other side and try the sash. If it creeps down, raise and hold up the sash and give the balances another turn or two.
How to adjust a spiral balance on a non-tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a non-tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.