SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Spiral balance clip width

A home owner from USA says:
Need help on the 306 Spiral balance, 3/8" diameter.
The black end clip.....how wide is it? We need the
clip to be no wider than 1/8".....this fits in 2 -3
different window brands in the Dallas area.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
The clip at the end of the Series 306 spiral balance is our 15-066, which is 5/16" wide. I'm not sure what you have. Could I see a few pictures of your clip? That will help us find a better replacement?
A contractor from Richardson, Texas says:
I am attaching two pictures of the end clip for
a 3/8" diameter spiral balance. This clip measures
1/4" exact on the width.....I believe yours is 5/16". It cannot be over 1/4", as it will not inside the channel without scraping and rubbing.
Can you get this end clip 1/4" or less?

John
Window Services
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Aha! This clip looks like our 15-142. Check it out and let me know if you agree. It's different than our 15-066 in that it mounts on the spiral facing a different direction.

We can make a Series 306 balance with the 15-142, no problem. Check out this Spiral Balance Request Form that I've started for you and fill out the rest of the information. One of our representatives will get back to you shortly thereafter with a price quote and an item to add to your cart.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)