Spiral balance for 2002 DANVID window

A quick learner from PA but windows are in GA says:
I searched and found your S900-30 part which closely matches the 3/8 inch tubular balances I have in Savannah GA. My balances are inside a white plastic sheath, but I don't see the availability of ones with a sheath.

I have no idea as to the weight of the tilting lower sash of these single hung windows. They are 26w x 27h overall dimension with a double glass design. The windows are currently 800 miles from me so please make me an educated guess on the weight.

The pawl color is white but I don't see that as an available option. I would guess your red or green is my best choice?

My balances have only one pin on the tip to connect to the shoe. Would it be advisable to grind off the upper or lower pin if I discover physical interference?

Would my purchase of six balances be exchangeable if I guessed wrong on this match?

Could you give me a price on the six S900-30, plus a 75-006 charging tool, shipped to Macungie PA 18062
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Hello! All our spiral balances have metal tubes instead of a plastic sheath like yours. We feel the metal tubes extends the life of the balance because they resist UV rays.

You say you have a tilt in sash, so our Series 900 is what comes to m ind, but then you say it has one pin; which sounds like our non tilt Series 400 balance. Please confirm.

Regarding the pawl color, I recommend the Red Tip for your size sash.

All shipping can be calculated automatically once your items have been added to your cart.
A quick learner from PA but windows are in GA says:
Thanks for the feedback, Paul.
I still have the question about (1)your return/exchange policy if I've totally chosen the wrong item and (2)whether you believe I could grind off the extra pin if I have a physical interference. I have one round pin and definitely tilt sashes and I don't have much confidence that the flat pin shown on the 600 series will enter my shoes. You are correct about the vinyl sheath disintegrating with UV damage. That was the cause of my current spring re-coiling since the sheath was the only constraint for the coil spring.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
If you are positive that you have a tilt-in window and that the balance is 3/8" diameter, then I recommend our S900-30. If you aren't, show us a few pictures of the balance and the pivot lock shoe that it fits into. We may be able to get a better idea once we see what you have.

I don't think you will need to remove a pin. When you receive the balances, first compare them to your old ones. If they match, use them. If not, return them. Once you remove the pin I'm afraid we can't take them back.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
GUIDE
READ >
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
How to adjust a spiral balance on a non-tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a non-tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.