SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Spiral balance for Champion window

A home owner from Houston says:
The tube 3/8" wide and 29" long. The foot for your 306 series is a little different. Will is work as a replacement?
User submitted a photo of a spiral balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! It looks like you have a Series 306 with a specially attached 15-073. We can make that up for you, if you wish. Before I can recommend anything, though, can you first tell me what the weight of your window sash is? I can work from there.
A quick learner from Houston says:
Weighed the window sash several times and each time it registered 20-25 lbs. It is a double-pane window and quite heavy.
Profile picture of Tom
Can you get a more exact weight? 20 to 25 pounds is a wide range, and it crosses a couple different color tip possibilities.
A home owner from Spring, Texas says:
I believe that I have the same balance tube from the same manufacturer (3/8" diameter, 29" length, 15-073 bracket), and the tip from a removed balance tube is black. It is a fairly light single pane window measuring 30x40 inches and, as best as I can tell, weighs about 12 lbs.

If the tip color and weight are consistent, how do I go about ordering replacements?
Profile picture of Tom
Thanks for contacting us. Based on that information I've started a Custom Spiral Balance Order Form for you. Review the information and see if it looks good. Keep in mind that two 29" Series 306 spiral balances with a Red Tip can carry a window sash weight range of 10 through 22 pounds. I would double check your sash weight just to make sure that'll work.

If the specs match your balance, then you can fill out and submit the rest of the information. One of our representatives will get back to you shortly thereafter with a price quote!

Let me know if you have any other questions.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)