SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Spiral balance replacement

A quick learner from USA says:
I have a spiral balance, 17". what is the proper choice for a replacement?
User submitted a photo of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I think we can help you, yes. This balance will have to be custom made, though. Before we can begin, can you tell me what the weight of your window sash is? This will allow us to determine the correct spring strength for you.
A quick learner says:
the window name is Imperial brand with the crown simple on it
Profile picture of Tom
I'm sorry, but that does not tell me what the weight is. I need you to remove the sash from the window and place it on a scale. Any normal bathroom scale should do. Then just tell me what you get and we can make this for you.
A quick learner says:
Hi

the window for the 17" spiril balance weigh 25 pounds.
I also need 3 sets of 26" spiril balance which weigh of 40 pounds.
Profile picture of Tom
Great. I believe you have a specially made version of our Series 306 with our 15-142 attached. Can you confirm? Make sure the diameter of the tube is the same as ours (3/8"). Once you've confirmed, we will make this balance for you.
A quick learner says:
Hi
I will need total 2 - 17inch balances 3/8 diameterand total of 6 - 26 inch balance 3/8 size

The weigh of 17 inch is 12 pounds
the weigh of 26 inch is 22 pounds
Profile picture of Tom
Oh, I see. Were the sash weights above incorrect? I will give you these request forms based on the 12 and 22 pound sashes, not 25 and 40.

-17" long balance
-17" long balance

Please look at these forms that I've started for you based on your specifications and fill out the rest of the information. One of our representatives will get back to you shortly thereafter with a price quote and an item to add to your cart.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)