Spiral balance replacement for a Seasonshield SH 7100 window

A quick learner from Ormond Beach, Fl. says:
Hello, enclosed are 2 pictures of spiral balances on one of my windows. The balance tubes are 3/8 wide, and 23" long. The color tip is yellow. The window sash is 30 pounds for this particular window, which is a single hung, tilt in window. I have checked my other Windows and they all have the same color and size balancer on them, even though some of them are smaller in size. The windows are Seasonshield SH 7100, and were installed in Sept., 2001. Our home is near the ocean on the east coat of Florida. This particular window is a single hung, 52" x 49 1/2". Another window is 35 3/4" x 361/2" and uses the same spiral balance color (yellow) and length (23"). Please help me obtain the proper spiral balances. I should note this large window has always been difficult for my wife, and even myself, to raise since new. Thank you, Jim L.
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Seeing as how you have a 3/8" diameter tube, I recommend our S900-23 with a Yellow Tip for a sash weighing 24 through 34 pounds. I think you will still have a problem in raising the larger sash. It is just too large for a balance this thin, unfortunately. The company should have designed it for a thicker balance tube.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
GUIDE
READ >
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.