Spiral balance slips out.

A home owner from USA says:
Good morning,
I am looking to repair my window but am unsure what part I might need. when I tilt the window out the left side slides down on its own almost coming out of the housing on the sides. thinking the spiral balance just slipped out of the part below that holds it in. I reinserted it. (We have the blue tipped spiral balance) , then tried again, and it still slipped. What part may have failed here? these are Alcoa windows from 1995. I am not sure what to purchase. Thank you. Also are full screens with frames available for purchase? Thank you very much.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Hello! Hopefully I can help. Chances are, the balance is the problem. I would recommend charging it first. It may have just lost a little tension. You will need a charging tool like our 75-006. Try winding the balance spiral about three turns, usually clockwise, and see if you can feel tension building. If not, you need new balances. Based on your description it is likely our 5/8" diameter Series 600 spiral balance. See the guide and video below for further information.
A home owner from usa says:
thank you I will purchase charging tool once I check tension. What is the part shown on the diagram just below the spiral balance. In the guide diagram it is highlighted in blue. I believe this part may be cracked. If so what is the appropriate replacement part for this . Thank you,
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Great, thank you! The other part you mention is known as a pivot shoe. There are many possible options for you, depending on your size. You can see our entire selection here.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.