SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Spiral balance - type unknown

A home owner from WA, USA says:
I purchased a house with some 25+ year old Milgard aluminum windows. After removing one of the balances all I see is a plain black tube (32" long) and a simple metal spiral. No "color tip" as is referred to here and no notation of any sort of model number.
User submitted photos of a window balance.
And the tube is 3/8" diameter.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Hello! We could help you with this balance, but it would have to be custom made. Before we go any further, though, can I see a closer and clearer image of the piece attached to the balance shoe? If possible, I would like to see it removed. Can you also tell me the weight of the sash? You can determine this by placing the sash on a scale.
I removed the sash and it weighed in at 25.0lbs.

I've attached 2 more pictures of the shoe. The one with the piece detached also shows the assembly still together within the black plastic tube. The shoe piece is 1/2" x 5/8" x 3/16".
User submitted photo of their window balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for your patience in this matter. Yes, we can make this. It looks like a Series 306 balance with a specially attached 15-142. I think you also need a Green Tip, based on your sash weight.

Check out this custom spiral balance request form that I've started for you based on your specifications and fill out the rest of the information. One of our representatives will get back to you shortly thereafter with a price quote and an item to add to your cart.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)