SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Spiral balance without a shoe

A quick learner from Arizona says:
This window I need to repair is aluminum frame, dual pane, non-tilt, 3/8" spiral balance.

The window will not stay up and is very loose in the track. Bottom of spiral has a single stud. Looking at your site it appears all plastic pieces such as spiral balance shoe, clips, etc are missing. I appreciate the help of your team. I included one photo looking up from frame to bottom of sash.
Ted
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Hey, Ted. I would be happy to help as best as I can. If possible, please show us a clearer picture of the end of the spiral tip. That will help us determine what might be able to work for you. Please also give me the length of the balance's outer tube.
A quick learner from Tucson says:
Hi, the tube for the spiral balance is appropriate 23.5". I don't have a scale to weigh the window that needs support but estimate it about 10 pounds (dual pane)
Ted
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Aha! That's perfect. That looks like our 15-073 shoe. Can you confirm? We can put this on an S900-24 spiral balance for you, but it will have to be custom made. I'm also thinking of going with a Red Tip option; two balances with this option can carry a sash weight of 7 through 21 pounds. If you want to go this route, please let me know how many you need and I can send you a custom order form and price quote to review.
A quick learner from Tucson says:
The shoe 15-073 looks good to me as well. Please send a quote for 2 balance, shoes and any accompanying parts for this one window
Cheers!
Ted
Profile picture of Paul
You got it! The order form I'm emailing you now will allow you to add the custom balance to your cart as if it were a normal item. You can then continue shopping and checkout as normal. For this window, you may want to consider a charging tool like our 75-005 to help with installation.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)