SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Spiral balance and latch replacement

A quick learner from USA says:
I have about 6 windows that need the spiral balance replaced. Can you help match the correct spiral. Also, can you point me to any videos that shows how to install them and what additional hardware I may need? On the other hand, I may need help with couple of latches. Same thing, I need someone to help me match it.
User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
We should be able to help, though this will need to be custom made. I'm thinking of using our S900-36 balance with a special 15-142 shoe attached. Does that look good? Before we begin, can you just specify exactly how many you need? For six windows, we'd be looking at twelve balances, but I just want to make sure. Can you also confirm the weight of your sash?

As for the window lock, there are a few possibilities. Start by looking at our 90-008, 90-267, and 90-293.
A quick learner from Florida says:
Hi, thank you very much for your help. I need to replace balances at 4 windows + 2 balances as spare. Total will be 10. The windows are 36"x 36. I'm not sure about the weight of the sash , but will give you a good idea. Regarding the windows locks, I will get the springs only.

Thanks again
Alex
Profile picture of Paul
Hmm... how about the White Tip? Two balances with this tip color can carry a sash weight of 7 through 22 pounds, and it looks like it's what you had before, anyway. I just wanted to be 100% sure. Custom made balances cannot be returned if they are incorrect, I'm afraid, so it may be something you want to double check. In the meantime, I will send you a custom order form for 10 of these balances.
Hi Paul,
the balances were great. It all worked perfect. I need to order another 6 of the custom order made out of an S900-36 balance with a special 15-142 shoe attached. Also, do you carry this guides?

Thanks again
Alex
User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Great! we'll shoot you over a new custom form. Thanks again for ordering with us. As for this face guide, I'm afraid I don't recognize it. Look at the 67-002 and 67-016 face guides see if you can use one of these as a replacement.
Thanks. Got them.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)