SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Spiral balances for a Summit window

A home owner from Gilbert, AZ says:
I have single hung Summit Windows (JW-8) in my LR and they all need new spiral balances for Non-Tilt metal windows. The balance tube is 29" L x 3/8" Dia. It has a blue tip, and the 15-142 balance shoe. From reading your site this leads me to believe that I need the series 900 balance for Non-Tilt windows. I would also need the tensioning tool.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
The S900 balance is regularly used for tilt-windows, but it can be used for non-tilt windows if you attach the 15-142 balance shoe.

We sell the 15-142 balance shoe separately if you are repairing some existing balances but we recommend that you have us attach the 15-142 to any new balances you order.

Fill out this form if you would like to order the S900 with the 15-142 attached.

You will need to use the 75-005 charging tool for non-tilt windows to add tension to the S900 balance with the 15-142 attachment.
A quick learner from Gilbert AZ says:
What part of the window does the 15-142 Balance Shoe clip onto?
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Often times there is an attachment on the window sash for the 15-142 Balance Shoe to lock into.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)